Comprehensive Movement Assessment
The goal of any sound training program is to improve functional movement for sport and/or life, while reducing the potential for injuries. On your initial visit we conduct a comprehensive movement assessment. This provides us with a simple grading system to assess a client’s joint and muscle function in relation to their movement.
Our staff is able to Identify potential cause and effect relationships of micro-trauma as well as chronic injuries in relation to movement asymmetries. More importantly, the information obtained in the assessment allows us to implement strategies to rehabilitate those imbalances and strengthen those weaknesses using 21st century fitness principles.
21st Century Fitness Principles
1. Regeneration/Recovery: Implement strategies that allow for optimal recovery from training, sport and life.
2. Corrective Exercises/Injury Prevention: A proactive approach to increase healthy joint and muscle function, while implementing strategies to decrease the likelihood of injury.
3. Core Training: Learn how to stabilize and activate muscles groups to provide a more efficient transfer of energy throughout your body.
4. Mobility, Activation and Dynamic Movement: Maximize mobility and stability in your joints, while increasing muscles flexibility to help improve movement efficiency.
5. Power Development: Increase the rate of force production and elasticity in your body.
6. Strength/Resistance Training: Build muscular strength, the fundamental physical quality one must possess to increase performance.
7. Metabolic Training/Conditioning: Improve your work capacity, increase your metabolism and decrease body fat by exercising in the correct energy pathway.
8. Nutrition: Educate our clients on how to meet their daily nutritional needs and goals, while emphasizing the importance of nutrition and its role in performance.